By booking a lesson, event or session you understand and agree to the following conditions:
- Appropriate safety protection to be worn at all times during a lesson, and is strongly recommended for open sessions. Helmet, Elbow Pads, Wrist Guards, and Knee Pads.
- You recognise the risk of injury involved in the activity and that you participate and/or enter the skatepark at your own risk.
- Appropriate footwear should be worn at all times.
- Always skate within your own ability.
- No ‘snaking’, always wait your turn.
- Only one rider on each obstacle at any time.
- Always check your equipment is fit for purpose before entering the park. Staff members may also check equipment.
- All possessions to be kept off skatepark area. Bags etc.
- Respect other skatepark users and staff.
- Only enter the skatepark if you are fit and healthy enough to carry out your intended sport.
- You are not pregnant
- Bullying or violence of any kind is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.
- You are responsible for your own possessions & equipment at the skatepark.
- Images taken whilst students are under instruction are copyright of School of Skate Ltd and may not be used for commercial purposes without express permission of the Company Directors.
- you will not leave your child without obtaining agreement from the coach/supervisor first, and informing the coach where you will be, and how you can be contacted (with the exception of skate camp)
- The customer is liable for any damage to the building, fittings or property of School Of Skate, including any mistreatment of skateboards & skateboarding equipment.
- You consent to being recorded by Copeland Park management in the interests of preservation of safety and prevention of damage to the site.
- In the event that there is reasonable cause to believe damage or an offence has been committed on the site, you consent for your contact details to be passed on to Copeland Park Management.
Notice, postponements & cancellations
If we have to cancel your lesson and you cannot attend a later date we can refund the full amount to your card, inclusive of the payment gateway fee.
If you have changed your mind and want to cancel your lesson we can refund the amount minus the payment gateway fee of 1.5% + 20p. You can find out more about the gateway fee here.
- By booking an open session you are agreeing that you/the participant are at a skill level where you/they can use the skatepark features or are able to make informed decisions about how and when to use the skatepark features.
- At least 24 hours notice is required if you want to change your booking. A credit note will be offered to the value of your booking. If less than 24 hours notice is given we cannot guarantee a credit note as there is no guarantee we can fill the space.
- Service Level Agreement – Coaches will respond to messages within 24 hours
- At least 2 hours notice is required to change a private lesson booking. After this timeframe it is down to the coach’s discretion as to whether they will either honour the booking at another time without charge, or, if they have travelled to the location, at a 50% discount. They are not obliged to do either.
- In the event of a no show with no contact, the coach will wait 15 mins before the lesson is cancelled. No refund will be due.
- If a coach does not provide 2 hours notice of a change of plan, you will receive a 50% discount refunded to your account to recompense you for your time and the coach will honour the booking at another time.
- If you are later than 15 mins to collect your child there is a charge of £15 for every 15 mins late